Gentle Readers, The Practical Cook is a marketer by profession, and thus cannot resist reviewing the stats on the year, the first year of this blog. Thanks to each and every one of you for making this ride so fantastic. I didn’t think it was possible to love food and cooking more, but I’ve found in sharing it with you all, it is.
The Top 5 Most-Viewed Blog Posts from 2011
1. Chirba Chirba Dumpling Truck Review (with video): I still stand by the fact that these are the best dumplings I’ve tasted in the area. I’m yet to meet the person I’ve recommended them to who doesn’t love them.
2. Deep-Fried News: Kool-Aid and Bubble Gum at the N.C. State Fair (with video taste test): Yes, I ate that. Being the Deep-Fried Ambassador this year was one of the most fun things about writing this blog. And I got connected with the Food Bank through this gig, another huge win.
3. Garlicky Roma Beans with Tomatoes Recipe: Who knew the need for Roma bean recipes was so great?
4. Spaghetti Bird’s Nests: Simple and effective. These really are delicious and fun.
5. Mexican Squash Casserole: Another simple recipe with big flavors. Looking forward to squash season already!
My personal favorite post? I don’t know if I can choose. I will tell you my very favorite misdirected search term: fried orka. I do hope that Gentle Reader found what they were looking for.
Do you see your favorites listed above? I’m curious, what has been your favorite post this year? What do you want to see more of? Post a comment, send an email, Tweet at me. I want to hear from you!
At last, Reader Questions Answered! We’ll dive into the mailbag. There’s still time, email today!