Though this is not a particular anniversary for the Practical Cook Blog, it seemed like a good time to look fondly back at some of the favorite recipes as determined by you, the Gentle Readers, and by the interweb at large. Admittedly, this is also because TPC was out late doing field research at a chic local establishment and she is a marketer by trade and a stats fan. But I digress.
Here are the Top 5 Performing Recipes, determined by hits, requests, comments, and questions regarding:
1. Mafe. Who knew there would be such an ongoing demand for this little obsession of mine. It gets searched almost daily.
2. Spaghetti Bird’s Nests. Simple yet popular.
3. Moroccan French Toast. I can’t lie, it is that delicious. (But in case my boss is reading this, I must confess it is neither French nor Moroccan.) People ask me about this one, just because of the picture.
4. Fried Squash with Soda Cracker Crumb Coating. Crunchy summer goodness, this one is a sure-fired hit for the friends of fried.
5. Pasta with Broccoli, Mushrooms, Tomatoes, and Goat Cheese. No idea why this is such a popular search term. Apparently many people are looking for ways to tie these elements together. Perhaps it’s the disturbing picture of my overstuffed, disorganized fridge that’s the big draw.
Honorable mentions to “Roma Beans” and “Zucchini.” Clearly a seasonal search. And to the person who searched for “fried orka,” well, I wish you luck.
What’s my favorite? Well, I love all of my children equally. I will admit, I struggle to make the same thing twice, I’m always on the hunt for the next thing. Having kids has challenged me in that way, for the good, to repeat and improve recipes instead of create from whole cloth all of the time.
Do you have a favorite recipe from here? Share your thoughts in the comments section below. Or Tweet away.
Send a picture of your favorite TPC creation to practical cook at gmail dot com. Connect on Facebook: The Practical Cook Blog. (Thanks in advance for spreading the Practical Cook Blog word. Press “like” on Facebook today!)
How time does fly. Up tomorrow, Weekly Menus.