Gentle Readers, the time has come to expand the site just a bit. The Practical Cook is often asked for restaurant recommendations in the RTP, NC area, which was once a vast wasteland of fast food establishments and few other options. This is no longer the case. There are some places which I travel to of my own volition, even when not in the office.
Today I’m reviewing one such place, and for the sake of simplicity, I’m creating a landing page that will point to reviews and suggestions for RTP dining. Welcome to the world of multi-culti cuisine. And burgers.
Tribeca Tavern Restaurant Review
Though I have been to this place several times, I will confess that I have focused primarily on the beer and burgers portion of the menu. Tribeca Tavern serves other stuff, but I think the bar food is the sweet spot.
Things I like:
- Good beer selection, and usually a special at lunch. Do not judge, a lunch beer during work is one of the greatest inventions ever. Our founding fathers did it all the time.
- Interesting burger toppings that actually work. They have a series of different toppings, ranging from the deeply southern fried green tomato and pimento cheese to the spicy to the standards. I have enjoyed all the varieties so far, which is rare.
- Nice range of side items! If you feel healthy/guilty, have a side salad or fruit. Otherwise, try the sweet potato fries. They are waffle cut, nicely fried, and fabulous with hot sauce. I do not believe in sugary sweet potato fries, and that sin is avoided here.
- Outdoor seating. Office life requires fresh air on occasion. Their upstairs deck is shaded and awesome.
- Housemade Veggie Burger. Again, don’t judge. Believe it or not, a woman cannot live on bacon alone. Though you could put bacon on your veggie burger. Far better than a frozen monstrosity (I don’t mind a frozen veggie burger at home, I mind paying for it at a restaurant). It’s satisfying and messy, and goes well with beer.
Give it a try, let me know what you think. If you have suggestions for the RTP Restaurants page, feel free to post a comment! It’s so very easy, and your fellow commuters will appreciate it.
Send your restaurant suggestions, deep thoughts, and random food challenges to practical cook at gmail dot com. Connect on Facebook: The Practical Cook Blog. (Thanks in advance for spreading The Practical Cook Blog word. Press “like” on Facebook today!)
Coming up Sunday, it’s Weekly Menus, July 4th Style.